[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Providing tender-loving care for our appliances may seem to be an arduous task. However, to ensure the functionality of our equipment, we must learn how to provide proper maintenance.
Washing machines, in particular, are one of the most used appliances in the household. Equipment exposed to continuous moisture often end up with foul smells. Since it handles our dirty-work, it deserves its cleaning routine as well.
Here are quick and easy tips on how to clean your washing machine:
- Prevent potential dirt. Before loading your washer, make sure that soiled clothes are fully rinsed. Wash them initially with clean running water to remove excess dirt.
- Don’t use too much detergent. Don’t bombard your laundry with detergent. This will leave tough residue in your washer. Always consider the volume of your load. Pods are available in some stores and are easier to control. When using liquid detergent, always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use the correct detergent. High-efficiency washers need high-efficiency detergents as well. Never use traditional detergents in high-efficiency washers, regardless if its front loading or top loading. Traditional detergents require a high volume of water to completely wash off the bubbles. When used in high-efficient washers, these types of detergents will produce excessive suds that will be hard to rinse with water. This will also leave residue and contribute to mold and mildew formation.
- Be careful with fabric conditioners. Grey and white residues may form when fabric conditioners and detergents mix. Always make sure that clothes are completely rinsed before dispensing the fabric conditioner, either by hand or by the machine. Some high-end washers have soap and conditioner dispensers.
- Keep it dry. After doing your laundry, it is best to leave the door open for the insides to dry. Wiping it dry with clean rags will also do. Leaving moisture inside the equipment will cause molds and mildew to form. This often results in unwanted odors. This may also affect the smell and cleanliness of your clothes.
- Disinfect. Vinegar is a good disinfectant. It can also help in removing residue from detergents and fabric conditioners. To properly clean the interior of the washer, fill the tub with water and add 3 full cups of vinegar and ½ cup of baking soda. Run 2 empty cycles and leave the solution for a while before completely draining the equipment. You can do this once or twice a month. Some high-units may also have self-cleaning features. You can check some here.
- Keep the dispenser and filters clean. Some washers have detachable dispensers and filters. You may clean them once a month using a toothbrush to prevent grime formation. Keeping these components tidy also contributes to the increased efficiency of your equipment.
Share these quick tips to your family and friends to help them avoid smelly washing machines! Now, do you know that EMCOR has a wide variety of washing machines to choose from? Visit your nearest EMCOR store now or shop online at emcor.com.ph. You can also shop via mobile, just download the EMCOR App from Google Play Store.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]